By Madyson Grant
Dieting can be a stressful time for anyone. When you are looking to lose weight, you may feel you have to deprive yourself of certain foods and food substances, but this is not always necessary. Even while you are dieting, you can still enjoy certain delicious treats that will not destroy your diet. You will also be happier being able to eat them in moderation and will not feel deprived, which is one of the most important aspects of dieting and losing weight. With that being said, if you are currently dieting, try these five yummy treats. You will be pleasantly surprised to see that you will continue shedding the pounds.
Yumz Frozen Yogurt
• Although you may want to avoid regular ice cream, you can still indulge yourself with Yumz frozen yogurt. This frozen treat is low in sugar and calories but is absolutely delicious. It is available in a variety of different flavors and will satisfy your craving for the occasional frozen dessert, especially during the summer. Yumz is made with only natural ingredients and is surprising under 100 calories per serving. It is fat free and contains no artificial sweeteners or colors. Because it is yogurt, it also contains necessary live and active cultures and is gluten free, which contributes to making it healthy. There are already several Yumz frozen yogurt locations in Illinois, but more locations are expected to open soon in other states.
Reduced Fat Oreos
• Oreos have long been dubbed as “America’s favorite cookie.” This is no surprise as they are delicious with their cream filling and crunchy chocolate cookie halves. Reduced fat Oreos are lower in fat and calories and are the perfect treat for anyone who is dieting and looking to lose weight.
• Dark chocolate is an excellent choice of treat for anyone who is on a diet. In fact, dark chocolate has been linked to actually aiding in weight loss, which is your goal when dieting. Of course, it is important to follow the serving size on the package when you indulge. However, this is a treat that you can enjoy in moderation on a daily basis, even while dieting.
• Baked potato chips are good treats for snacking on while dieting. Lays in particular makes especially delicious flavor options, and you can occasionally find individual one ounce serving sized bags, which is recommended. Tortilla chips are another good baked snack if you prefer corn over potato.
• Pretzels are generally lower in fat and calories than many other salty treats. They satisfy your craving for salt and even keep you feeling full, even when you limit yourself to the recommended serving size on the bag.