Let’s discuss some ways you can celebrate LOVE all year long:
1) Write a simple poem expressing your feelings and leave it in your spouse’s vehicle before they drive to work.
2) When you know they have had a long and hard day, draw them a bath and put candles around it so when they come home it is a virtual get away in the bath.
3) Tell them you Love them every day. There are people that have lost loved ones that wish they could say that instead of remembering the last argument they had.
4) Surprise them with a night out on the town and take them to their favorite restaurant or even comedy club. Love and laughter goes a long way.
5) Make up your own coupon book of hugs, kisses, back rubs etc that they can “cash in” when they feel they need a little extra attention.
6) If you have kids, hire a babysitter and take your spouse on a date night.
7) Do one task that they dread the most.
Create a collage of the two of you on a heart that you cut out of construction paper. Come on – it’s the little things that mean a lot.
9) Arrange an overnight getaway or even the weekend.
10) This is for the wives, go and have a Boudoir photo session done just for HIM!
11) Get a couples massage together.
12) Watch the football game with him (or any sports for that matter) especially if you don’t like football and make snacks – chips and salsa, queso, mozzarella sticks – you name it.
Have fun with the one you love all year long and don’t just wait for one day. It doesn’t have to be expensive.