There is a moment in every cloth diapering household when the youngest is finally potty trained and the realization sets in: No more diapers! A few minutes later, someone asks the inevitable question: “What do we do with all these prefolds?”
- Cleaning Rags: You might not need to change dirty diapers, but you still have several years of spills ahead of you. Prefold cloth diapers are naturally absorbent and great for cleaning up all kinds of spills.
- Hot Pads: You can never have too many potholders and hot pads. Thick cotton prefolds insulate your counter or table from hot pans and dishes. They make great potholders too!
- First Aid: Keep a small prefold in your first aid kit. It will be useful if you need to stop a bleeding wound.
- Packing Dishes: Prefolds are ideal for cushioning fragile dishes, glassware, and other breakables.
- Picnic Placemats: Picnic tables aren’t the cleanest surfaces around, but a large prefold is big enough to provide a clean eating space for kids and adults alike.
How do you use prefolds left over from cloth diapering days?